15/05/2013

"I'm lonely" said Little White Rabbit


„I’m lonely” said Little White Rabbit.

“Take this” said The Mad Hatter, dangling something shiny in front of it's nose.
“What’s that?” said Little White Rabbit.
“Well, it’s a watch” said The Mad Hatter, “you can have it”.
“How is a watch supposed to make me less lonely?” asked Little White Rabbit.
“Well, you would still be lonely, but at least you’d know for how long you have been lonely.” said The Mad Hatter.

“It’s pretty heavy” said Little White Rabbit.
“Of course it’s heavy, it carries all that time inside” said The Mad Hatter.
“And it doesn’t work” said Little White Rabbit, wrinkling it's rosy nose.
“Of course it doesn’t work, it’s a watch“ said The Mad Hatter, “people work, lifeless objects usually don’t.”
“You know what I mean, it doesn’t... tell the time” said Little White Rabbit.
“It can’t tell you anything, it is, as I said, a lifeless object.” said The Mad Hatter.
“I MEANT it does not move!” said Little White Rabbit.
“Oh it will pretty well move as soon as you hop along with it” said The Mad Hatter, shooing Little White Rabbit away.

„I’m lonely” said Little White Rabbit.
“I could have your head chopped off if you like?” said The Queen Of Hearts.
“No thanks, I don’t think that would make me less lonely” said Little White Rabbit.
“It was worth a try.” Said The Queen Of Hearts.

“You don’t know how I could make any friends?” said Little White Rabbit.
“Friends? Well one thing is for sure, you won’t make friends if you don’t have anything and are nothing.” Said The Queen Of Hearts.
“I have a watch!” said Little White Rabbit. "And I am a Little White Rabbit.”
“A watch is good. Watches make you look important. You can run around and tell everyone you’re late, that makes you very important” said The Queen Of Hearts.

“Oh.” Said Little White Rabbit. “But I don’t have anything to do. There’s nothing I could be late for.”
“I could invite you to tea. For yesterday. Then you will always be late for that!” said The Queen Of Hearts.
“But,” said Little White Rabbit, “isn’t that cheating?”
“Cheating is very important if you want to make friends.” Said The Queen Of Hearts.
“so if I run around telling everyone I am late for your tea, I will make friends?” asked Little White Rabbit.
“No.” said The Queen Of Hearts.

“But, you just said…” said Little White Rabbit.
“I said you need to be someone.” said The Queen Of Hearts. ”You are a white rabbit. A rather small white rabbit. That’s nothing. You have to be important, or there will be no friends for you.”
“I will never be important. Oh no, I will never have friends.” Said Little White Rabbit.
“Wear something expensive, like white gloves” said The Queen Of Hearts.
“White gloves?” said Little White Rabbit. “ I have white gloves at home… I will  go and get them!”
“Then wear them and show them and you will have more friends than you can count” said The Queen Of Hearts.

„I’m lonely” said Little White Rabbit..
“Of course you are lonely, everyone is, that is how we are made” said The Cheshire Cat.
“But I want friends. I need friends. I don’t want to be alone” said Little White Rabbit.
“Of course you want friends, everyone wants friends, that is how we are made” said The Cheshire Cat.
“I have this watch, and I am important because I have no time, and I have white gloves, but I still have no friends.” Said Little White Rabbit.

“That is an interesting collection to make friends with.” said The Cheshire Cat.
“I am trying so hard. What am I doing wrong?” asked Little White Rabbit.
“You need to learn the most important of things.” said The Cheshire Cat.

“What is the most important of things?” asked Little White Rabbit.
“The most important of things” said The Cheshire Cat and vanished slowly into the mist, “is that you have to fall”.
“Fall, how?” asked Little White Rabbit.

But The Cheshire Cat had already disappeared and had taken her smile with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment