10/03/2013

Drawing again, finally!



I bought a Bamboo Tablet last week, have to say I love the thing! 

I hadn't done any proper drawing for a couple of years, because I couldn't get "anything right". Somehow I never had the idea to ask a doctor why that would be, I actually thought I had simply lost my talent! That is one very depressing feeling, I can assure you.

So it came as a bit of a surprise when during some kind of routine check my doctor saw signs of carpal tunnel syndrome, and it all ended with me undergoing the required operation within weeks. 

After a while I started to take out my paints and pencils again, but still, I felt like I just couldn't really get into things, even though I felt quite proud to be able to draw some gifts for friends. 

But the main problem, a hand not really used to drawing a straight line any more after years of neglect, remained: I always ended up in such an awful mess! I hate a reasonably well done picture going down the drain because there's a line not right, there some paint is spilt... a lot of things simply wandered into the bin.

 Then, a couple of months back, I first came across a graphics board (Yes I have a weird tendency to always live completely behind the moon with certain things), and just knew this would be the answer. No drips, no spills, no paint that needs to dry... and every possible style available at one single click with your fingers! 

Now finally last week, my new 'friend' arrived. And after a couple of first shaky trials, I really feel myself at home. 
This is a good way to gain confidence and to train my muscles back to their former self. I am sure within a couple of months I will be able again to use real pens and brushes!





Here is the latest one I drew, PS on Bamboo,
about 15 hrs, from photo reference of course.
Myrna Loy.


3 comments:

  1. That is amazing! Your are very talented. I can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding! I feel very lucky to have an "original" (two!) in hand, but seeing your further work here will be just as delightful! :)

    ReplyDelete